The Rutgers Business School Peer Mentoring Program links current RBS students with incoming first-year students and transfer students who are looking to gain support and encouragement regarding their academic and personal growth.
Mentors are expected to take mentees “under their wing” and guide them through many aspects of the mentee’s personal or professional life. Some typical topics mentees seek help navigating include picking elective classes, comprehending the Rutgers lingo, advice in finding an internship, etc. As a result, mentees will develop friendships/lasting mentorships through successful matching and show signs of mentoring success and satisfaction (eg. Higher GPAs of mentored students vs class average, and strong “graduation” rate of peer mentees becoming mentors, and positive survey outcomes).
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback, communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- ADVANCE your leadership skills, grow your network and make new friends
- SUPPORT your peers as they learn to navigate the Rutgers and transition to life at RBS
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW personal and professional networks and make new friends
- LEARN to navigate collegiate challenges and many resources available to RBS students
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path and get involved at Rutgers and RBS
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell